Science provides a unique lens for us to understand our environment, however, the heavy content can be a huge barrier to public communication.
Your personal story can be a bridge to believing in your scientific work. Without the scientists behind the science, we would be unable to express the magnitude of the issues we face. Alpine of the Americas will help you become transparent about your work and contributions to society, so the public can understand and trust the work you have brought to the world. In return more people will see your work increasing your professional exposure.
Alpine of the Americas proposes to climate scientists the following challenge and in return we will publish your story. In three-four paragraphs (300-400 words) told in layman language, tell us…
1. Who are you? Tell us your story.
2. What’s the problem? Tell us why your research is important.
3. What have you found? What does this mean? Tell us your results and how that fits in to the larger climate discussion?
4. Who cares? Tell us what the reader can do.
5. Let us witness it. Share a thought provoking image with your submission. Pictures (or videos) of your work can provide a bridge for the public to understand your passion and your work.
6. Publish you passion and your science. Use our blog and our Facebook page to bring your research to the people who want to understand more. Use this as a baseline to publish your content in news publications.